70+ Best Icebreaker Questions for Adults
Icebreaker Questions for Adults are important ones to have. Use this list to help yourself get started, or help your team start their day off with a shared experience. A place with more connectivity can lead to an healthier workplace where everyone feel safe to communicate and give their point of view.
It can be hard to get a team to warm up to the idea of a team-building activity at the start of their project. However, icebreaker questions are a great way to do so. For example, you could ask everyone on your team what they're excited about, or what they're most proud of. This will help them get used to being around each other and communicate with each other outside of work hours.
To start a meeting with the right foot we made this list of adults icebreaker question, it helps your team to improve collaboration and share experiences.
70+ icebreaker questions for Adults
- Describe one past action (big or small) you took to improve the quality of your life.
- Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
- Where do you spend most of your day?
- Who has been your strangest or most annoying neighbor?
- Test the waters or dive in the deep end?
- What was the last thing to pleasantly surprise you?
- Which sport do you think is the most boring to watch?
- Mountains or ocean?
- What is one place you never ever want to go?
- What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever emailed or texted someone?
- Have you visited more than 15 countries?
- Which is better: starting work five years later or ending five years earlier?
- Name three things you and your partner have in common.
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
- Would you rather live forever or be remembered forever?
- Have you ever locked yourself out of the house?
- Have you ever been mistaken for someone famous?
- Interested more in icebreaker games than questions? No problem! Check out these virtual icebreaker games.
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go and why?
- I do not have wings, but I can fly. I don’t have eyes, but I will cry! What am I?
- How would you describe your communication style in 3 words?
- What's a New Year's Resolution you made but never kept?
- Have you ever been a car salesperson?
- If you could invite four famous people to dinner, who would you choose and why?
- Are you always so polite as today?
- If you did not have to sleep, how would you spend the extra 8 hours?
- What is something silly about yourself that you do over and over again when you’re rushing?
- What is your favorite question to ask a stranger?
- What is your idea of a dream vacation?
- What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
- Are you able to love?
- If you could talk to anyone and have them answer any question, who would it be and what would you ask them?
- What are your favorite hobbies?
- Love Zoom? Check out these icebreakers for Zoom meetings.
- Have you ever lived in another state?
- What’s one thing you’re learning now, and why is it important?
- What is your first memory of speaking in front of a group?
- What was your favorite food as a child?
- What drives you crazy (about a friend, colleague, or family member)? How do you deal with it?
- What is your real favorite movie, and what movie do you pretend is your favorite to sound cultured?
- What is your favorite baked good?
- Have you ever ridden on a motorcycle?
- How would you describe your job to a bunch of kindergarteners?
- What was the last movie you have seen?
- Which person in your life do you most admire? Why?
- How do you like to spend a rainy day?
- What is one strange, but true fact about yourself?
- Tell me something about yourself that I could never tell from looking at you.
- Have you ever ridden in a limousine?
- What languages do you know how to speak?
- Misquoted movies or mistaken lyrics?
- Do you go to work with pleasure?
- Share with us a fun experience you’ve had recently.
- Have you ever been to Europe?
- What is your favorite question to ask a stranger?
- What was your favorite book growing up?
- What was your favorite after-school activity?
- What do you wish was illegal?
- Smartest person in the world or richest person in the world?
- Have you ever run a marathon?
- What brands do you love/hate the most?
- Have you ever been on tv/the radio?
- Have you ever met a celebrity?
- What was the silliest thing you or someone else has ever said during a meeting?
- Have you any shortcomings?
- How do you like to brainstorm? What methods are most effective?
- What is something new you learned about yourself or a household member by working at home?
- If you could replay a fun (or deep or big) moment in your life, what would you choose?
- What’s your favorite town/city in the world? Why?
- Are you a morning or night person?
Generate Random Icebreaker
Whether you’re at an office party, a get-together with new people, or even just out to lunch with some friends, you never have to feel wordless or awkward.
Using the best Adults Icebreakers Questions is a fun and interesting way of really getting to know those around you. It’s also great for getting everyone more comfortable around each other. And hey, who knows, maybe these icebreakers will help turn acquaintances or colleagues into friends.
You can use the icebreakers listed above as stepping stones and you’ll find that soon enough you’ll be writing your own.
If you are felling unspired and want to check more icebreakers to test with your team, please take a look on Icebreaker Questions, Funny Icebreaker Questions, Holiday Icebreaker Questions Team Building Questions For Coworkers, Foods & Drinks Icebreaker Questions , Would You Rather Icebreaker Questions , Desert Island Icebreaker Questions , Either Or Style Icebreaker Questions , Zoom Icebreaker Questions and Icebreaker Questions for Small Groups